Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Boutique Bookshop in Kuranda


The Hidden Words Bookshop in Therwine Street Kuranda is going fairly well after opening on 1 March 2010.  Quite a collection of mainly new books for the thoughtful reader has been put on the shelves and sales made. Prices are being kept down. A monthly book review is appearing in the Kuranda Paper.

There is no other collection anything like that in this boutique bookshop in the north of Australia as far as I know.

So come and browse and have a free tea or coffee. If your tastes in books run to any of the topics of history, biography, psychology, science, philosophy, religion & spirituality, politics, international affairs, environment, human rights & justice, arts & culture; crafts, feminism, Aboriginals, ancient and modern classics, poetry, geography, botany, zoology, archaeology, Nth Queensland authors, self help or gift books, this is for you.  Also available is research assistance.
It is easy to find - just go to where the public buses stop opposite the Park in Kuranda, that is Therwine Street, and proceed down the hill a short way to the last shop. Personal service guaranteed.
Graham Nicholson

Tel (07) 4093 7120
PO Box 1010 Kuranda Qld 4881 Australia

1 comment:

  1. Just had a look at your internet site, Graham. I wish I was younger, healthier and had more money, then I would certainly drop in to this little town of yours and your fine bookshop. I have spent a lifetime at little and big bookshops. I must say, though, in recent years with the burgeoning of the internet, I get most of my reading material in that world of cyberspace. Best wishes and look forward to continued contact with you in the evening of my life.-Ron Price, Tasmania

    ReplyDelete